The update of the Designer application needs to be performed by your ServiceNow admin and takes around 10-15 minutes. It is a complete, hands-free update and needs to be performed on all installed instances.
Updates will appear automatically
The update is available automatically on your instance and can be installed anytime by a ServiceNow admin.
No Trial update
Updates of trial installations are not supported by ServiceNow.
Before updating Design, it is recommended to backup the following tables with an XML export:
- Class Definitions x_inpgh_des_class_definitions
- Class Fields x_inpgh_des_class_fields
- Diagrams x_inpgh_des_diagrams
- Filters x_inpgh_des_filters
- Global settings x_inpgh_des_global_settings
- Indicators x_inpgh_des_indicators
- Indicator Breakdown x_inpgh_des_indicator_breakdown
- Relationship Definitions x_inpgh_des_relationship_definitions
- Relationship Fields x_inpgh_des_relationship_fields
- Shapes x_inpgh_des_shapes
- Shape Libraries x_inpgh_des_shape_libraries
- Templates x_inpgh_des_templates
Should any errors occur during the update, you can restore your data via the XML files.
- Navigate to System Applications > All Available Applications > All.
- Search for the Designer application.
- Choose the version you want to upgrade to and select Update. The application will automatically update on your instance.
- Due to changes in newer ServiceNow releases, Fix Scripts are only executed with new installations and not with updates.
Please execute the Fix Script "Check Global Settings" after the update procedure for Designer V5.4.x. This script will add the new settings to the Global Settings Table, which are mandatory.
User Acceptance Test
Local configuration should be unaffected by updates. However, it is recommended to have a short User Acceptance Test to ensure your Designer configuration is exactly the same, e.g. any shape libraries you have added are still present.
Updated about 1 month ago